Monday, March 28, 2011

Well HELLO there!!

I should be doing my chinese homework right now since I have a class in about 30min that i'm probably not going too....lol. My life is so ridiculous! BUT, I need to tell you something thats in my heart.....

Yesterday I had a hard day. And its OK! Don't worry about me too much. But it reminded me of last semester turmoils in a sense that alot of things happened that just made me feel down right poopy. And one of these things that was hard then was my lack of job security. I kept going through job after job....house cleaner, then Nuskin, then being jobless and wondering "WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?" And then I saw an ad online for a teaching job at the MTC. I NEVER planned to work at the MTC but I was PRETTY desperate and so I called the lady.

Me:"Hello? I want to interview for the job! Is it still available?"
Julie:"Yes it is! Do you speak spanish?"
"Um, no. I thought the job was for English?"
"Are We talking about the same job here?"
"umm not sure. I was talking about the English teaching position I saw on the internet"
"Oh well there aren't any teaching jobs right now. Sorry! that posting is supposed to be for a job here in our office"
"Oh.....well........can i interview for that job?"

Haha I didn't even know what that job was! And that Is how I started working at the MTC! I interviewed up against like 10 other applicants, and they told me they would call me after the weekend to tell me if I def. didn't have the job, or if I was still being considered. But on the day I interviewed, I got a call from Julie, my boss. And I was like "oh no! They already know they don't want me!" But they called 3 hours later THAT day to tell me they were sure that I was the lady for the job!!

I came into the MTC HR office to a great working environment, and great co-workers. Julie, who is like 32 and as spunky as a girl straight out of the pioneer days (really), was my boss. Brittany and Maren were quiet and reserved but OH so nice and helpful. And then there was Rebekah who always talked to me about what boys she loved and played youtube music from her computer!!. I really liked talking to her during work, and she even invited me to her ugly sweater party at Christmas!! Which was SO nice even though I couldn't go. And I only worked in the office for about a month before Christmas break came and I had to go home. While I was at a little pastry shop in Dallas with my mom one day, I get a call from the MTC. Its the Asian Language Dept. They were told I had the best application out of all of the Chinese Teachers, and they wanted to interview me for a teaching position. I never EVER imagined myself teaching at the MTC. Too legit for me I guess. But I decided to interview, and I got it. And after I left that HR office, I kind of missed it! And one day I came to work and punched in at the time clock, and Rebekah was there! And I was just SOO happy to see her that day! Like when you see someone you REALLY love that you haven't seen in a long time! I was just so happy she was standing there and so happy to see me too! Why hello there bec! Thanks for popping out of nowhere and making my day better when I really need it!

I don't know where Rebekah came from sometimes. It's like one day she wasn't a big part of my life, and then the next day she was, just like THAT (snap). And its one of the easiest and greatest frienships thats ever happened to just fall into my life like it was meant to be!!! I think she had a party that weekend, and I went meaning only to stay for like 15 minutes, and was there for like 3 hours!! Since then we have been great great friends. This woman is funny, witty, charming, BEAUTIFUL, SO fun, interesting heartfelt, and one of the warmest people I have ever met. She has been there for me when I have really needed someone this semester too.

And yesterday when I had the worst worst day....I mean it couldn't have gotten any worse than it did.....she was there for me. Just goes to show that everything happens for a reason and God as a way of putting people in our path that we really need :) I hope she knows how much I LOVE her!!!!

No comments: