Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weightless


OK just one more song before I go off to work on my composition for Choral Arranging. The final arrangement is due tomorrow and I'm writing a version of a song I learned in girl scouts when I was 12 or 13. We used to sing this particular song around the camp fire and its stuck with me up until now. I'm writing it into an african spiritual for 4 part choir complete with African Djumbe. We get to perform the piece next week during our final class period and let me just say that I am very proud of what I have written so far, and might actually use this piece when I am legit teacher. I will post a recording as soon as I have one!

NOW for the video: I know I just posted a song but I'm kind of obsessed with music lately....which isn't exactly a bad thing. Today I was running some errands and this song came on my Ipod. Considering the piles of stuff that I have to get done in the next 4 days (and in the next 2 weeks -_-), I was feeling a bit heavy with the responsibility of everything pushing down on me. but THEN this song came on and I felt things start to lift. I really felt lighter, almost weightless even. Funny how a song can effect you that way. I just love music. Good thing I teach it! ;)

No comments: