Sunday, October 12, 2008

Just the other day im doin crunches at the gym, tryin to multi task with my dad on the phone. He always likes to talk....alot. And im tellin him about how everything in my life is working perfect all the time...a vital sign that things are aligned in my life. And he says "EM...you have led a charmed life...everything always seems to go right for you." and im thinking.....NO, it really DOESNT. Like when you guys made my life heck growing up....that wasnt very fun. But then later on while im thinking, i realize that its true! Things just always work out, i never get sick, i always have amazing friends and support from my family. My life is so blessed. Sometimes i turn my mind to the people of less developed countries like in africa and south america. Do we ever feel guilty about the card that we were delt in our lives? Why do i feel like my life is so hard because my car breaks down, or when i get ketchup on my favorite shirt? there are people living without enough money for food or clothes, or even without a home. The natural reaction is to jump back and think that none of that is my problem. But is that REALLY true? Since god decided to put us in the promised land of America: the free and the brave; one of the wealthiest countries in the world that is blessed by great Christian faith as a whole because Christ himself walked on our ground. God gave us charmed lives....so the people with the crappier hand aren't our concern? I renounce this idea. We are all people. The point of our lives is other people. We function in relationships, families, communities, and smaller groupings within the world. Without each other, we cease to exist.

1 comment:

everybody loves courtKNEE said...

you are amazing... an example to those you may not think you are helping... em, you rock.