Thursday, July 24, 2008

violated

Have you ever gotten the feeling that someone is watching you? i have...felt like eyes are boring like screw drivers into the back of your skull, only to look around and no one is there? I had this experience the other morning getting out of the shower. I could have sworn someone should have been there, pressing hot coals on to my back. But after scoping out the scene of my connecting room, under the bed, behind the closet doors, and outside on the 2nd story balcony, i was completely and utterly alone. I know i know it sounds paranoid! but ya know when you are watching those scary movies where the girl gets a creepy feeling, and ALWAYS ignores it, despite the screams from the watchers who know that the killer is crouching behind the open door. Talk about foreshadowing.

2pm message

"Emily Masterson, this is Pam from Wells Fargo. We have reason to think that there have been fraudulent charges made to your visa account. Please call us back as soon as possible."

Hmm...OK? I have the card...this must be a mistake. So i call....

"Emily have you recently been in Houston"
"No..i...i dont think so"
"What about Pearland?"
"Definitely not. Oh my gosh, what happened?"

In one day, $1,100 was charged to my visa credit card! I hopped online to check out the charges, which were all made in $100 to $150 increments within the same day, between 2 cities. All at scummy gas stations. Soooo how does this happen when you still have your credit card??? I guess professional criminals can steal your credit card swipe, and make another card that will have their name on it, with your bank information. It can happen anywhere, and doesn't help if you are blonde and naive. Luckily, i have fraud protection. But i still feel violated.

1 comment:

12345 said...

Oh no, how terrible!! That's really weird that criminals can steal swipes...how do they do that?