Friday, July 18, 2008

2 places at once

LOOK! i am standing in 2 places at once! welcome to the division of the eastern and western hemispheres my friends. (Its in Greenwich England btw). But i wish it really wasnt as fictional as it looks...i really am standing in two places at once; stuck between two worlds. Lately i feel like my youth and my adult life are dueling to the death to see how many times i can turn 21. Let me face it: i dont want to grow up. My fear of getting older seems to always be looming over me like the monster that comes out from under the bed at night. If im not careful enough, this dementor-esk demon might visit me in my sleep to suck the life out of me, and ill wake up with a cane, forehead wrinkles, and and a pair of wire framed glasses with hearing aids to match.

ok ok ill be honest...i wish i could just freeze myself in time because growing up is so scary. Graduating from college, getting a real job, getting married and making a real life with someone: all are variables of X that still need to be filled in. Then there is acting responsible and serious...which there is really nothing that i hate more. Now dont get me wrong, i can be responsible and serious when i need to be. But who made the rule that adults cannot have fun anymore? That once you get older, cant you still have a little glamour in your life, and take a few risks? i need to be free to be silly me...and that has nothing to do with the number of candles on my cake.

The other night some friends/future roomies and i were commenting on how we used to regard girls our age as the "older girls"...said in condescending voice...and now 18 year olds are calling US that. they are even dating the boys that are our age! how does this happen? well here it is... I WILL NOT BE BEAT OUT BY THE 90'S! IVE STILL GOT GAME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. take that.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Amen, future roomie! The 90's can bring it!