Tuesday, June 21, 2011

RSS

Dear Readers,

guess what! in honor of my sucking at blogging, I have made a new goal. I am going to post at least something EVERY day for the next month. I actually really love blogging and feel good about getting some stuff out of my heart and into the open space since I really fail at writing in my journal. And I think this will make my posts alot more enjoyable for all of you because lets be honest, when I don't post for awhile, my posts are LONG. And I know many people would rather read a short to the point post with lots of pictures. But what am I saying...this is MY blog! So if you don't like my lack of pictures and excess of words, get the crap off here!

Ok here's today's post folks. Its about hand bags. Boys i'm very sorry I made you waste a minute of your life to read to this point lol. But I am going to be honest with you, in a lot of ways I am not a girls girl. I don't spend tons of time looking at clothes or accessories online. When I actually go shopping to an actual store I have to make myself think and re-think about what I buy and try on and re-try on before I buy something. Now I don't do this because I am OCD or because I can't decide. This ritual also makes anyone who shops with me completely miserable, but inherently has become my defense mechanism against restless shoppers syndrome. Now, what is RSS you ask? This condition is most commonly found among white middle class females and among almost all asians. Sufferers of RSS buy the first thing they see that looks sparkly, or cute, or VERY brightly colored, or whatever in the store even if they haven't really looked at it that well or tried it on. It is also the result of just wanting to buy SOMETHING and get the he** out of the store! Women (and some men) that suffer from restless shoppers syndrome often suffer from owning a lot of really ugly clothes, or clothes that go out of style quickly due to being ugly. Restless shoppers are often bamboozled by sparkley/bright colored things things to the point that they are blinded to the true hideousness of the item they are buying. Now, I wasn't always aware that I have restless shopper syndrome, but due to my loving sister, it has become apparent to me that I have a severe case and now have a strict no ruffles-no sparkles-no rhinestones policy. If you think you suffer from RSS, know that there is hope. You CAN beat this. My prescription would be to start looking at a lot of fashion blogs/Jcrew Catalogues.

Now, here is my point. Every bag that I have ever owned, I bought on impulse because it was cute, or had because my mom gave it to me, or i inherited it from my sister. I have never actually spent real money on a purse. This is something that a lot of women obsess over and spend a lot of money on in their lifetimes, but OH NO not me. I would much rather save my money to appease my never ending wander lust. But all that is changing my friends. I have been changing my ways and I decided that I want to buy a bag. An actual bag. Maybe even a nice one that will last. I went to the mall. Both malls actually. Went in every-single-store. FREAK I looked on every online store. I then turned my little sister, the queen of style in desperation. I even bribed her $10 to help me in my search, with no actual intention of paying her real money. (I know I am a horrible sister......but I was desperate). After all of our hunting, little sister found THIS:

This is a nautical bag from Anthropologie that retails for 69.99. It is absolutely adorable and i love the rope straps and the nautical look, which my friend who is also very good at being fashionable, says is 'way in' right now. The inside is even bright red. I love everything about and after looking and looking and looking, I just really want to buy this one. 69.99 isn't even that bad for Anthropologie! This was the prettiest and cheapest bag on their website! However, I have never paid this much for a purse before, nor have I ever intended to. So i'm pretty torn right now. Hopefully i'll make the right decision.....

3 comments:

Lisa & Joel said...

Get it!

Anonymous said...

That's such a cute bag!! do it!

Laura Masterson said...

i didn't think you would pay me and i didn't look because you said you would, but dang girl! reading that you had no intentions of doing it even as you were bribing me is cold!