Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 1 "A recent picture and 15 facts about yourself"


Well everybody, here it is. Day one, FINALLY. I chose this picture because I just got back from a tour to California with my students. Yes thats, right, my students. I am a legit teacher! And yes its hard to tell the difference between me and the students sometimes, even though I got like 10 years on them! Being a teacher has ups and downs, but I really feel that being with these little guys and teaching them what I know has been one of the scariest and the best experiences of my life! I'll write all about that in another post, but the point is: This picture best defines who I am right now. I love my students!

Its funny how things never quite work out like you plan, and yet without a plan you just end up nowhere! This semester my life has been so crazy. If you are reading this blog It means that you actually care about what I have to say, and therefore you deserve to know the truth that I have been at BYU since 2005! Holy crap thats forever! And during that time ive lived in over 25 different apartments, 3 different countries, worked almost a dozen different jobs, had 7 of my best friends get married, completed almost 200 hours of course work, learned 2 languages, and had a billion life changing moments both happy and sad. Needless to say, life takes you to the most unexpected places sometimes. And I have to admit that change is hard for me. That might seem really strange for someone that has moved so much and kind of been all over the map as far as changing her mind about life. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE adventure. I love traveling and moving and new experiences. But change with people is actually really hard for me, and I am probably the worst person you know at dealing with goodbyes. And I know that pretty soon my life has to change. Soon I will be a college graduate! And nothing makes me happier than to look back on all the work i've done and have that little piece of paper to show for it. But at the end of the day, the paper isn't anything at all compared to all of the life skills i've learned, the experiences i've had, and the amazing friends that i've made.

I can't tell you how lucky I am. I've loved every minute of my mission and my time at BYU. But the people that I have met here along the way are among the very best i've had in my entire life! I have the kind of friends that most people in their lives will never have. I have friends that, when i'm having a bad day, can actually sense my emotions and will call me or text me to see how I am. I have the kind of friends that will make you laugh until you pee your pants watching youtube videos, or will stay up till 6 am talking with you about life. My best friends are my soul mates, even the ones that are married. And nothing has been more fulfilling to me than learning from each and every one of them.

Needless to say, people like these are hard to let go of. I don't even know where i'm going to be living or working for next year! But I know in my heart that its time for my next adventure.





1 comment:

Brittany and Tyler Clark said...

SO CUTE with you and your students. Reminds me of how awesome you were as an EFY counselor, so I am sure you're even better with them..they are so lucky to have you! I miss you, and hope you're doing good.